3 Different Types of Videos to Create for Facebook Ad Campaigns
Facebook video ads are an extremely effective way to market your product or service.
Video is one of the most popular forms of content on the Internet, and it helps your brand quickly build a relationship with potential clients.
I have outlined the three different types of videos your business should create if they want to run Facebook advertisements.
However, before we get into what video to create, there are a few things you should keep in mind when creating Facebook video ads:
- Facebook video ads automatically play in a person’s newsfeed;
- However, the first three seconds of your video are silent and;
- The sound won’t play until a person links on your video.
This is important to know because you will want to perform an action or have words on the screen that inform the person to click to hear more.
It is also important to keep in mind that Facebook does not allow text to take up more than 20% of your starting video image.
An advertorial video is a tutorial disguised as an ad and designed to build a relationship with people that do not know you or your brand.
During the advertorial you are providing the viewer with useful information that will teach him or her something new and help them solve the problem that he or she is currently facing.
A great example of this is Tony’s Acoustic Challenge video 5 Steps to Perfect Guitar Practice.
For example, a company that provides merchant services advising could produce a video titled, “3-Steps to Reducing Your Merchant Services and Payroll Fees.”
Your advertorial should be between two to six minutes long and have a strong call-to-action at the end of the video.
On Facebook a good call-to-action would be, “Click the learn more button below to view a recent case study.”
We recommend editing the video so that there is one video without the call-to-action in case you want to use it on a landing page.
Business Overview and Problem/Solution
The customer story video tells a viewer how your product or service can help solve the problem that they are currently facing.
Your video should answer these four questions:
What problem is your ideal customer facing?
- A client’s credit card processing fees are costing them more than $50 per month and restricting their working capital.
How does your service help solve their problem?
- We are your merchant services advisor that can save you at least $150 per month in unnecessary fees.
How do you work with your clients?
- We start each of your sessions with a free merchant services rate audit.
What types of savings do your customers see?
- We helped one of our clients, John Doe’s Restaurant, save $250 per month in excess merchant services fees that he was encountering. On average we saved our client’s $1,800 per year.
This video would ideally be one to three minutes in length and end with a strong call-to-action as well.
An example of this would be, “Click the button below to sign up to receive a free merchant services rate audit.”
Again, we recommend editing the video so that there is one video without the call-to-action in case you want to use it on a landing page.
Conversely, you can change the call-to-action to align with the offer on the landing page.
If possible, the final video you will want to create is a testimonial video where you have recent customers share their experience about using your product or service.
The questions you will want your customers to answer are similar to the ones you answered yourself in the business overview video.
You should have your clients answer the following six questions on video:
- Tell me about your business in one-two sentences.
- What problem was your company facing?
- What was the reason why you chose to work with our company?
- How did working with our company alleviate the problem you were facing?
- How has working with our company improved your business?
- Example: What does having less fees and increased cash flow mean for your business?
- Why would you recommend our business to someone else?
Testimonial videos are extremely powerful and can help increase conversions on ad campaigns as well as on landing pages.
The more video testimonials that you can collect the better.
Start Creating Video Ads
Video advertising is extremely effective online and especially on Facebook.
It is the hottest form of content on the Internet right now, and the sooner your business starts creating video ads the quicker it will start reaping the benefits.