We love marketing facts and statistics. We believe the more factual information you have, the better decision you can make.
Root Marketing compiled a list of 23 marketing facts that we believe small business owners should know about when making marketing decisions for their company.
- 63% of panelists reported that data-driven marketing and advertising budgets have grown over the last year (2014). Source: MediaMath
- 92% of marketers reported that social media was important to their business. Source: Social Media Examiner
- 60% of Internet access is from a mobile device
- 20% of marketers say that their business’s primary revenue source is directly linked to their email marketing operations. Source: Salesforce
- 75% of search engine users never scroll past the first page of search results. Source: HubSpot
- 57% of the average B2B buyer is through with the purchasing decision before engaging a sales rep. Source: Executive Board
- A quarter of marketers are devoting more than 50 percent of their budget to producing content. Source: Contently
- Google has 64.4% of the search engine market share. Source: comScore
- There are 510 comments, 293,000 status updates and 136,000 pictures uploaded to Facebook every 60 seconds. Source: CMO Council
- Businesses are paying 122% more per ad on Facebook than they were just two years ago. Source: Jeff Bullas
- Almost ⅔ of companies would like to improve their personalization, marketing automation and segmentation. Source: eConsultancy
- 63% of Facebook users engage with content on the platform on a daily basis. Source: Jeff Bullas
- Marketers reported that the top two benefits they receive from social media are increased brand awareness and traffic to their website. Source: Social Media Examiner
- Content marketing generates 3 times the amount of leads than their traditional outbound marketing and costs 62% less. Source: CMO Council
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in less than two seconds. Source: eConsultancy
- 46% of people read blogs more than once per day. Source: HubSpot
- U.S. companies will spend around 50 billion dollars on content marketing in 2015. Source: Contently
- Pinterest gets 41% of ecommerce traffic compared to Facebook at only 37%. Source: CMO Council
- There are around 7.3 billion people in the world, 3.13 billion of them are Internet users. Source: Marketing Land
- 20. Video accounts for 55% of mobile data usage in 2014. Source: Cisco
- 80% of internet users are using their phone to search the web. Source: Smart Insights
- Mobile advertising spend will top $100 billion by 2016. Source: eMarketer
- 73% of businesses agree that email marketing is core to their business. Source: Salesforce
We hope this list of marketing facts will help your business make more educated marketing and design decision.
If there are any good facts that we missed leave it in the comments section below.